Tuesday 27 March 2012

Final Reflection - Artsco

 Artsco, an arts club which started when I was a Sophomore, and which I have been a part of since I was a Junior, did almost
nothing for the first two years of its existence. This year, as President, I vowed to change that because this club could be so
much more, and our school really needed to improve its apprecation of the arts. Through blood, sweat and tears and with the
help of two of my friends who I appointed co-chairs, Artsco has now organized service opportunites with programs in the
Kibera slum, where we paint murals in support of positive change in the community. We also organize for students to submit
mural designs which they can then paint onto the walls surrounding our school's construction site. Finally, we organized an inter-school talent show. I am really proud of making this club a significant part of our school's community and it
makes me happy to see an increased interest in the arts at our school, something that I hope continues for years to come.

I think we worked really well as a team in order to create a greater sense of appreciation for the arts in our community and we were really able to bring art more the foreground in ISK's community. The importance of strong leadership and the power it can have to unite and bring people together to actually accomplish something really important is the most important lesson I learnt from Artsco and something that i will be able to carry on into later life.

No comments:

Post a Comment